This is one of my favorite super quick and easy go-to recipes when I want something healthy, filling and delicious. The creamy base is tahini, which you can also use as a dressing or a spread. I also love to mix it with maple syrup or coconut sugar to make a sweet caramel like sauce that I enjoy with pancakes, oatmeal or on toast.
Instead of kale, you can also use spinach, Swiss chard, collard greens or Brussels sprouts. The almonds add a little extra crunch, which I love in pasta dishes and salads.
Find the full recipe below. I hope you try and enjoy this dish and if you do, let me know:)
[Note: originally posted on my personal blog kimjuliehansen.com]Print
- 2.5oz whole wheat pasta, dry weight (or any pasta of choice)
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup veggie broth (add a little more if necessary)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions (this should take about 7-9 minutes, less if you’re using rice pasta).
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the chopped kale in the coconut or olive oil in a non stick pan over medium to high heat.
- After 2-3 minutes, reduce heat to low-medium and add the nutritional yeast, tahini, 1/4 cup veggie broth, sliced almonds, garlic powder and onion powder to the pan and mix well. If you don’t have veggie broth, use water and a little salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 more minutes over low heat and serve with the pasta. Voilà:)