Lazy meals are my favorite! The quicker and easier to prepare, the better. This salad makes 1 serving as a meal or 2 as a side dish. Thanks to the chickpeas, it’s rich in both protein and fiber.
If you don’t have Kala Namak (black salt), you can either omit or replace with any seasoning of your choice (smoked paprika would work great!).
- 1 14 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 stalk of celery halved lengthwise and then thinly sliced
- 1 green onion chopped (or 1-2 tablespoons minced red onion), optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch of each sea salt and ground pepper or to taste
- 5 grape tomatoes halved
- 1 pinch of kala namak/black salt see notes
- 1. Mix everything in a bowl and enjoy.
- I usually use 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of kala namak. This is the most important ingredient since it gives it its egg-like flavor, you can order it online and/or find it at health food stores. Alternatives: use kelp flakes, old bay seasoning or shredded nori to make it taste like tuna/fish instead OR omit if you don’t have either and use a little smoked paprika.